Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My glasses History


I remember the first time i got my glasses in the 7th grade. I went to the Dr's office, not even knowing i needed glasses, and did all the usual eye tests. A little intimidating with all the machines up close to my face, not to mension the Dr an inch from my nose checking the back of my eyes. All i was thinking was "don't move" and "why is this guy so close?". Two weeks later, i got my glasses. I put them on, and,....Wow! the world is now new! I can see every leaf on a tree! I kept taking them on and off and seeing the difference. I was pretty excited about it. Until i went to school, and felt the pressure of redicule (probably all my insecurities). It was actually fine, no real bad teasings, maybe a day or so. After a while, it seemed like i would hide behind my glasses, thinking that they can't see my eyes, like when i get zits, i'd put on my glasses and magically the zit is gone. funny. Anyway, glasses became part of me and i got into cool frames.

until i finally got my Lasik surgery, at age 33. (another story).

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That's funny ,I wish I would have had some glasses to hide behing in school when I had all those zits. I think lazic surgury is the miracle surgery of our time, the blind can see...amazing.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home